Tuesday, December 17, 2019

My Theories Of My Theory Of Me - 867 Words

I believe that within my theory of me, is a vast majority of traits, characteristics and behaviors that helped make me the person I am now. My theory consists of areas that I developed in such as physical aspects, social/emotional aspects, figuring out if the way I turned out was due more to nature or nurture and many more things. My theory of me also shows me if I had periods of discontinuous or continuous change as well as how strong my resilience is now. My theory is made to be a way that describes, explains and predicts my behavior (Berk pg. 7). Within this paper, I’ll explore all the many aspects of my theory of me. I’ll start off by looking at the domains of development in which I grew the most in, which were cognitive and social/emotional. My cognitive domain was most likely the best one of the two domains. I’ve always been very gifted when it comes to my creativity along with my imagination. When I was at least four years of age, I was able to express myself with artistic things and even had an imaginary friend named Gizmo. I was able to work so well with things such as painting and drawing, that those became my main sources for fun at a young age. Along with my creativity, I also had my language side to it as well. Due to the fact I came from a Hispanic family that always spoke Spanish around me it was the only language I spoke as a young girl. Although speaking a foreign language was a great skill, when I moved to Tennessee it proved to be a bit of a con as well.Show MoreRelatedThe Conflict Theory Gives Me A Better Understanding Of My Ethnicity And Race Essay1541 Words   |  7 PagesConflict theory gives me a better understanding of how my ethnicity and race are pivotal in shaping me, understanding my role in society and determines the treatment I receive from society. For example, the conflict perspective views racism and inequality towards minorities, like me as a way for the so-called superior and majority race to keep control and power over minorities. They do this, by perpetuating institutionalized or structured racism, pitting minorities against each other, and limitingRead MoreThe Basic Moral Standard Is Human Welfare975 Words   |  4 PagesThe basic moral standard is human welfare. Specifically, my welfare and the welfare of others. Each classical moral theory has propose human welfare. Some theories completely focus on motives while others completely focus on rules or acts. However, each classical ethical theory alone cannot provide a plausible guideline for impartial human welfare without controversy. Multiple-strategies utilitarianism theory is the most suitable because it provides various strategies for general welfare. The multiple-strategiesRead MoreMy Reflection : An Introduction To English Studies Class1354 Words   |  6 PagesE nglish 202-02, my expectations for this class were quite negative. I was anxious to learn the literary theories, but had no proper training in them. I had previously assumed that this class would be extremely difficult, and that I would never be able to comprehend the countless theories that would be taught in the class. However, as the class progressed, my expectations were proven false. Throughout this course, I have found that I do not have problems with most theories. In my fall IntroductionRead MoreMy Experience As A New College Student Essay1455 Words   |  6 Pagesup my first semester of my freshman year of college, I begin to think back on my very new experience as a new college student. Between living in a dorm versus my comfortable home and the sudden increase in independence, college life was a brand new experience entirely. To me, it was almost like living a totally new life. However, I have always considered myself versatile and adaptable, so the transition to dorm li fe was not as stressful for me as it may have been to my peers, which allowed me toRead MoreTransformational Leadership And Authentic Leadership Theories1598 Words   |  7 PagesTheories Out of all the different leadership theories I learned about this semester I really feel that I best relate to transformational leadership and authentic leadership theories. During the development of my personal theory I found that these theories tended to list many similar traits, and values that aligned with my own. Additionally, both authentic and transformative theories place a significant amount of emphasis on the relationship between the leader and her/his followers. The success andRead MoreThe Article Gender Role Models896 Words   |  4 PagesHicks encouraged me to reflect on my childhood gender roles as well as how I portray my gender roles today. After learning about the socialization theory I realize my parents were traditional towards gender roles and have incorporated multiple theories of human growth and development into my gender development. I have also learned how my gender roles have gradually transformed since I was a child. Therefore, this article has brought to my attention several feelings and thoughts about my past and howRead MoreAn Article On Theories Of Career Development1090 Words   |  5 PagesThis article is about theories of career development. By applying the theories to my career developments, evaluating the strength and weakness of those theories, then I took my parents’ working experience as examples, finally came up with my theory that should be used when making a vocational choice. Applying Theories to My Career Development There are two career development theories which is quite coinciding with my career development. The first one is the vocational choice theory of Holland (1997)Read MoreDurkheims Theories to Gender and Work1072 Words   |  4 PagesDurkheim Evaluation When applying Durkheim’s theories to gender and work, there were a few strengths and weaknesses. Ritual and collective consciousness were two theories that enabled me to create a strong explanation for gender and work. As I read about the two theories, I imagined them playing off one another. When the women had to fight for their rights, the two theories naturally occurred for them, which made it easy for me to apply. The women used rituals to organize preparation of genderRead MoreThe Concept Theory Of Self1166 Words   |  5 PagesThe process of choosing which of the â€Å"big three† theories of self I identify most with was not a difficult choice for me. The difference theory was a definite no for me. I firmly believe that, while gender does influence, it is definite that a woman is going to be nurturing or man is going to be a provider. The self cannot be put into neat boxes such as those. The rational maximizer theory seemed a little too selfish to me and way too limited by governing bodies, circumstances, and society. Read MoreThe Theory And The Neurocognitive Theory1375 Words   |  6 Pagesam going to use four different theories to analyze a dream I had. Some of these theories disagree with the other, but in my opinion they all have their strong points. Freud’s Theory, the Activation–Synthesis Theory, the Problem Solving theory, and the Neurocognitive theory, are the four theories dominating the field right now, and will be the four I will use to further understand my dream. My dream started in a very rural country side, corn growing in fields around me. In the beginning, I was alone

No comments:

Post a Comment